Veterans' Services
General Information
Contact us
Facts - What We Do
Returning Veterans
Veteran Services / Benefits
  -   Advocacy / Assistance
  -   Comp/Pension/Claims
  -   DD-214 / Military Paperwork
  -   Death Benefits / End of Life Services
  -   Education
  -   Employment / Retraining
  -   Health Care
  -   Home Buying
  -   Prisoners of War
  -   Transportation
  -   Upgrade Military Discharge
Local Veteran Organizations
Current News
State Resources
Federal VA Forms
Other Links
Public Records Request
Veteran's Emergency Fund - Donate
Veteran's Treatment Court - Donate Now!
Veterans Store
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs has made changes to the WI GI Bill for eligible dependents!!
  -   Contact Us
Back To All Departments
Changes to the WI GI Bill: Please see tab for changes to the WI GI Bill. This may be a good time to call your Veteran Advocate regarding the changes in the WI GI Bill.

Departments » Veterans' Services
Upgrade Military Discharge


If you are trying to upgrade your military discharge here are some helpful tips and links:

  • Most of these requests are not approved. To maximize your chances, it is a good idea to be represented by someone experienced. The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs has staff available at 1-800-947-8387 that will assist you. Click here for additional information regarding military discharge upgrades:
  • If the Discharge is over 15 years old, you need to apply for a Correction of Military Records.
  • It may take several months for the board to look at your application and make a ruling.
  • Form 293 - fill out and mail to appropriate service branch.
Copyright © 2018 Brown County Government - Wisconsin Legal Notice | Waiver Disclaimer | Acceptable Use Policy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Aviso de Practicas de Privacidad
Linking Policy | Employees
Designed & Powered By DMI Studios