Child Support
General Information
Apply For Services
Child Support Online Services
Public Records Policy
Modify Your Court Order
Pro Se Forms and Documents
Make a Payment Online
Access and Visitation
Non IV-D R&D Debt & Tax Intercept
Court Resources and Forms
Child Support Address Change
Child Support Change of Employer
  -   Services
  -   Forms & Documents
  -   Links
  -   Contact Us
Payment and Enforcement Information
Back To All Departments
Departments » Child Support
Modify Your Court Order

Would you like to change your court order?
There are three options:
1. Complete a Stipulation, which is an agreement between the mother, father and the Family Court Commissioner. A Stipulation can be obtained here or at the Brown County Clerk of Courts Office, for a fee.

2. Schedule a hearing with the Family Court Commissioner (Pro se Motion). Forms to file a Pro se Motion can be found here or at the Brown County Clerk of Courts office, for a fee.

3. Request the Brown County Child Support Agency review the child support order. You may contact our Support Information Center (SIC) at 920-448-4090 and the Request for Review forms will be mailed to you. Please be advised, a review within the agency may take up to 4-6 months.

Why is my review taking so long?

There are many steps the enforcment worker must do in order to complete the review.
- Obtaining financial information from both parents.
- Obtaining wage and health insurance information from both parent's employers. If a second request is needed, this will take more time.
- Conducting the review to determine if there is substantial reason to change the court order.
- Contacting both parties to see if an agreement can be reached. This may take some time as multiple attempts to contact parties may be needed.
- If an agreement cannot be reached, a hearing will be scheduled. Brown County Child Support Agency hearings are scheduled out 3 to 4 months due to court availablility.
For Incarcerated Payors

  • Request for Review - Incarcerated Payor
    While you are incarcerated, the child support order in your case continues to charge, whether you have the ability to pay or not. However, you may be able to get your support order reduced or suspended while you are incarcerated. After evaluating the length and reason for your incarceration, the Child Support Agency (CSA) will determine whether it is appropriate to assist you with a modification. If you are incarcerated for any of the following crimes, the CSA will not assist you with a modification.
    • Non-payment of child support on any case
    • Committing a crime against any child
    • Committing a crime against the party receiving child support
    If you want to request a modification of your child support order, please complete the form above and return it to the Brown County Child Support Agency. The county child support agency will notify you of its decision after reviewing your request. If your case meets the requirements for a review and modification, instructions will be mailed to you. Please complete a separate form for each county in which you have a case.

    You may also have a private attorney ask the court to modify your order, or you may contact the Clerk of Court in the county responsible for enforcing your order.
Copyright © 2019 Brown County Government - Wisconsin Legal Notice | Waiver Disclaimer | Acceptable Use Policy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Aviso de Practicas de Privacidad
Linking Policy | Employees
Designed & Powered By DMI Studios

Non-Discrimination Notice:   English   Espanol (Spanish)   Hmoob (Hmong)  |  Language Assistance Service