Adult Services
Child & Family Services
Family Care
Economic Support Services
General Information
Caretaker Supplement
Child Care Assistance (Wisconsin SHARES Program)
Energy Assistance
Health Care
Fraud Investigation Services
How To Apply for Services
ACCESS Website
Community Resources
Change and Information Center
  -   FAQ
  -   Contact Us
Volunteer Services
Business Operations
Back To All Departments
Departments » Health & Human Services-Community Services » Economic Support Services
Child Care Assistance (Wisconsin SHARES Program)

NEW! Changes to the Wisconsin Shares Child Care Program – Effective 2/5/17:

The MyWIChildCare program will allow eligible parents to have an EBT card authorized with their approved child care subsidy. For more information on the MYWIChildCare changes visit – DCF Website.

Information for Families
The child care assistance program helps low-income working families pay for their child care. Assistance can be provided to families with children up to the age of 13. In special circumstances, children over the age of 13 may be eligible. Families must be income eligible and be in a qualifying activity.
The qualifying activities include:
  • Employment
  • Attending high school (if a teen parent under 20 years of age)
  • Participant in W2 (Wisconsin Works) or FSET (foodshare employment and training)
  • Student in postsecondary education who is also employed a minimum number of hours per week as determined by the program guidelines
The majority of families will pay a portion of the child care costs. The child care benefit will be paid directly to the child care provider.
Child care must be provided by a licensed or certified child care provider.
For further information about the Child Care program:
Copyright © 2019 Brown County Government - Wisconsin Legal Notice | Waiver Disclaimer | Acceptable Use Policy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Aviso de Practicas de Privacidad
Linking Policy | Employees
Designed & Powered By DMI Studios

Non-Discrimination Notice:   English   Espanol (Spanish)   Hmoob (Hmong)  |  Language Assistance Service