Parks Department
General Information
2019 Barkhausen and General Park Programs
Adventure Park
Customer Comments
Hot Topics
Location Map
Online Sales
Park Areas
Park Rules and Hours
Park Staff
Permits and Passes
Photo Gallery
Public Records Request
Rates & Fees
Shelter Rentals
Virtual Tours
  -   FAQ
  -   Contact Us
Bay Shore Campground Openings
Winter Trail Conditions
Reforestation Camp Trail Conditions
Back To All Departments
Departments » Parks Department

Boat Launches
1. Where can I launch my boat in Brown County?

Brown County offers four different options for boat launching. To access the bay of Green Bay you can launch at Bay Shore Park or Suamico Boat Launch. For a non-motorized lake option you can launch at Lily Lake in Denmark. To cruise the lower Fox River you can launch at Wrightstown Boat Launch. A daily boat fee is required or an even better option is to purchase an annual boat pass. You are able to launch at these four boat launches plus Fox Point, Perkofski and Bomier in De Pere and Green Bay Metro boat launch unlimited times this boating season. Click here for a list of vendors where you can purchase an annual pass.

Brown County Fairgrounds
1. How do I reserve the Brown County Fairgrounds for a special event or camping event?

Brown County welcomes your special event reservations at the Fairgrounds. To make special event reservations please call (920) 448-4464. The Brown County Fairgrounds is located along the Fox River and is an excellent location for large events. We offer two large exhibition buildings, a midway, several smaller barns, a horse ring and open grounds areas perfect for festivals, commercial events, sport events and camping groups. Please click here for information on reserving the Brown County Fairgrounds for special events.

Brown County Rifle Range
1. When can I sight my gun in at the Brown County Rifle Range?

The Brown County Rifle Range is open to the public for gun-sighting at these times:

September: Last Two Saturdays from 10 am-4 pm.
October: Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am-4 pm
November: Daily through the Thursday before the start of Deer Gun Season from 8 am-4pm

A $7 charge per person per gun includes targets and assistance. We provide hearing protection and bore sighting. Benches are covered - we are open rain or shine!

Click here for more information and directions.

1. Are dogs allowed in Brown County Parks?

Click here for a list of Dog-Friendly Parks.

Horse Trails
1. Where are horse trails located in Brown County?

Enjoy a beautiful ride on the Brown County equestrian trails located at the Reforestation Camp in Suamico and Neshota Park in Denmark. Daily passes are available for $4 or you can choose an annual pass for $20. You are also able to ride your horse on a portion of the Fox River State Recreational Trail from Klaus Street in Greenleaf south to the Brown County line. Cost for the state trail is $4 for a daily pass or $20 for an annual pass. Click here for a brochure on our horse trails.

Maple Syrup
1. How many gallons of sap does it take to make one gallon of maple syrup?

On the average it takes 40 gallons of sap (50-65 gallons in red maples) to make one gallon of syrup!

Mountain Bike Trails
1. Do you have mountain bike trails in Brown County?

Yes, we have over 20 miles of beautifully wooded mountain bike trails at the Reforestation Camp in Suamico. Trails are open daily 8:00 a.m. to sunset from spring until fall. Sunset hours are listed at the trailhead kiosk. There is a daily fee or you can purchase an annual pass (click here for fees). Restroom facilities are available in the Lodge near the trailhead. Click here for a link to a mountain bike brochure. Enjoy the riding season!

Shelter Rentals
1. How do I rent a park shelter?

Call our office at (920) 448-6242 and we'll be happy to answer questions and help you with a reservation. We are able to book over the telephone if you are using a Visa or Mastercard. If you would like to pay with cash or check please stop in our office. Click here for park shelter rental information.

2. When can I reserve a park shelter?

You can reserve a park shelter any time of the year. We offer three beautiful shelters all year long and many others from April through October.

Reservations are taken one year in advance. If you are interested in making a shelter reservation for the month of June 2011, we begin to take reservations on the first working day in June of 2010. Click here for more information on shelter rentals.

Snowshoe Rental
1. Where can I rent snowshoes?

Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve in Suamico rents snowshoes. On Saturday and Sunday afternoons from noon to 3:00 p.m. snowshoes are available for rent to the public. Cost is $4 for adults and $2 for children. Other times snowshoes maybe available. You may call (920) 434-2824 to reserve. Come and enjoy this fun sport while enjoying the beautiful snowshoe trails. We encourage you to be brave enough to venture off of our trails!

Unfortunately none of our parks have cross-country skis for rent.

Sunset Times
1. Why are sunset times important?

Parks and trails close at sunset times. Be sure to be aware so that you are out of the park or off the trails at the appropriate time. Click here for specific park hours for boat landings, campgrounds, parks and other information.

Copyright © 2019 Brown County Government - Wisconsin Legal Notice | Waiver Disclaimer | Acceptable Use Policy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Aviso de Practicas de Privacidad
Linking Policy | Employees
Designed & Powered By DMI Studios

Non-Discrimination Notice:   English   Espanol (Spanish)   Hmoob (Hmong)  |  Language Assistance Service