Help Keep Wisconsin's Senior Care Program Running
CMS is Seeking Public Comment until August 4, 2018
Senior Care is a unique Wisconsin Prescription Drug program that assures Seniors that meet income criteria have an affordable prescription drug plan. Follow this Senior Care Comments needed link to go to our Advocacy page and find out how you can leave a comment and to preserve this important benefit.
Hot Weather Alert - Be Prepared
High temperatures can bring on heat illness and with it medical emergencies. Be alert to heat illness symptoms and take action. Watch yourself, family, friends. Check on neighbors who are alone and/or homebound.
Prevent Heat Illness -
- Drink Water Often: Stay hydrated with water, avoid sugary and cafeinated beverages
- Keep Cool: Spend time in air conditioning in your home, room in your home or at the shopping mall, public library or go to a movie.
- Cool with Fans: Fans can draw cool air into your home at night or help provide air circulation during the day.
- Baths and Showers: Cool baths or showers provide amazing relief from the heat.
- Clothing: Wear as little as possible when you are at home. Lightweight, light colored, loose fitting clothing is more comfortable in hot weather. Cotten is very comfortable. Wear a hat or use an umbrella to protect your head and neck when you are outdoors.
- Slow Down: Take it easy, especially at the start of hot weather when your body is less prepared for the heat. Physical activity produces body heat.
Watch for Signs of Serious Heat Illness - Get Medical Attention!
Early warning signs of heat illness include:
- Breathing Problems
- Chest Pain or Rapid Heartbeat
- Throbbing Headache
- Dry Skin (No Sweating
Independent Like You!
The ADRC is your partner through lifes changes.
The ADRC is here to help you Live your Best Possible Life. Whether you are thinking about retirement, retired, facing the challenges of aging and/or disability or caring for someone who is. We've go the Activities, Answers and Solutions you are looking for.
- ADRC Event - Activity Calendar So much to do. Exercise classes, computer instruction, art, crafts, cards, cooking. We are always adding new and interesting activities based on what your suggestions! Enjoy with your friends or make new ones!
- Grounded Cafe Meet your friend for lunch or meet new friends! Great place to meet for business. Free WiFi. Everyone Welcome - All Ages All Abilities. It's Great Food and Great Coffee with a Cause. A program of the ADRC that's a partnership with Curative Connections and the Green Bay School District to provide job training for persons with disabilities.
- Help Finding Services Facing surgery or longer term health challenges or someone you love is? Have a child transitioning from high school to adult service? Not sure if you should stay in your home or move? You don't need to know the questions - Staff listen to your story and help you find answers and solutions to fit your individual situation.
- Questions about Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Whether you are thinking about retirement, retired, exploring disability benefits or helping someone else who is an ADRC Benefit Specialist is your unbiased source for information you need to make these important decisions.
Check out the links on the left to see the wide variety of the information we gather and the activities available for you to enjoy. Scroll down to subscribe to the ADRC Magazine to keep up with what's happening and read interesting articles that pertain to you and your life.
We'd love to talk to you, call 920-448-4300, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Staff is available via phone, in our office or your home during business hours or by special appointment outside of our hours.
Like us on Facebook and keep up to date about what's happening at the ADRC.
ADRC Programing offers the opportunity for you to take a self-educated, proactive, and personal approach to your health and wellness.
ADRC Magazine is your source for what's happening!
Check our the ways to read the Magazine:
1. Sent free each month where ever you receive your email.
2. Mailed to your home for $10 per year. Call (920) 448-4300 to set it up.
3. Read the ADRC Magazine free on-line at this link:
4. Or read the ADRC Magazine free here each month by clicking the issue below.
ADRC Stay Connected E-Newsletter
||Devon Christianson - Director
TTY: WI Relay 711
Click here to email
||300 S. Adams Street
Green Bay, WI 54301
||300 S. Adams Street
Green Bay, WI 54301
||Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Other hours available by prior arrangement