Please observe the following rules and regulations
when using Brown County Parks:
- Pets are prohibited on all County Park lands with the exception of:
- Mountain-Bay State Trail (on leashes no longer than 5-feet long)
- Fox River Trail (on leashes no longer than 5-feet long)
- Neshota Park, Green Loop Trail only (on leash no longer than 8-feet, seasonally spring through fall)
- Brown County Pet Exercise Area
- Campgrounds, Bay Shore & Brown County Fairgrounds (on leash no longer than 8-feet)
- All boat landing areas for launch users (on leash no longer than 8-feet)
- Pamperin Park, along riverfront trail only (on leash no longer than 8-feet)
- All County Parks observe a "Carry-In/Carry-Out" trash policy. Please bring along a trash bag to take waste and recyclables with you when you leave the park.
- Smoking is prohibited in all County Park buildings.
- Hunting for animals is permitted only in specially designated areas during certain seasons as established by the Brown County Board of Supervisors.
* Edible fruits, edible nuts, wild mushrooms and wild asparagus may be removed by hand for the purpose of personal consumption by the collector. “Edible fruits” means fleshy fruits from plants including apples, plums, pears, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, juneberries and strawberries that are harvested for human consumption. “Edible nuts” means walnuts, hickory nuts, acorns and other similar nuts from trees and shrubs
- Removing, molesting, defacing, or destroying plants (including seeds, roots or other plant parts), downed wood, fungi, animals, rocks, minerals, fossil materials or archeological artifacts on County Park lands is prohibited except for the following:
* For educational or research purposes with written permission from the Park Director or designee
- ATV's and off-road vehicles are not permitted on County Park land.
- Snowmobiles are permitted only on designated marked trails.
Park Department Office
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Boat landings are open:
1 hour before sunrise until sunset
1 hour before sunrise until 10PM
Boats may be retrieved from water at any hour
Fishing at launches:
1 hour before sunrise until 10:00pm
*Boat launch hours will be extended for FISHING PURPOSES ONLY to 11:00pm at our boat launches when the ice is out until the Friday of Memorial weekend. This option is not available until the ice is out and we open the gates at Bay Shore.
at Bay Shore Park
Set-up/take-down permitted between the hours of 6AM-10PM
Check-out is at 3PM
Quiet Time is 10PM - 8AM (no radios, TV, noise, etc.)
Only registered campers after 11 PM
in County Parks
Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve and Mountain-Bay Trail
Sunrise - Sunset
Reforestation Camp Snowmobile & Cross-Country Ski Trails
Sunrise - 11PM
Pamperin Park Grounds when rented for a function
10AM - Sunset (except Garden Area)
Fox River Trail
5AM - 9PM
All other County Park Areas
8AM - Sunset
Rifle Range at the
Dates/hours established seasonally.
Usually opening the last two Saturdays in September 10AM-4PM, Saturdays & Sundays in October 8AM-4PM, and Daily in November 8AM-4PM until the Thursday before the start of Deer Gun Season
Most park shelters are available for rental between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Premises must be cleaned and vacated prior to 10:00 p.m. Pamperin and Reforestation Camp shelters can be rented until 12:00 a.m. (midnight) for an additional fee of $100.00/hour. Again, premises must be cleaned and vacated at the paid for time of departure. The option of having the shelter opened one hour earlier (9:00am) is available for an additional fee of $100.00. Shelters are not available on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. Shelters are available on Easter and Thanksgiving with additional fees.
At Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve
Saturday & Sunday
Winter Warming Shelters
for Skiers & Snowmobilers
Neshota Park Shelter:
(weather permitting, and only for cross-country skiers and snowmobilers during winter)
Reforestation Camp Lodge: (when ski & snowmobile trails are open)
Lodge Hall Area
Saturday & Sunday 9AM-5PM
Restrooms and Changing Rooms
5AM-10PM daily (outside access)