Aging and Disability Resource Center
General Information
About Us
AddLife Centers add to your years! Click for More
Advocacy - Click for more
Caregivers Click for more
Dementia- Click for More
Dining Sites
Family Care - IRIS - Click for more
Homebound Meals
Help Finding Services - Click for More
Money Matters-Benefit Specialists - Click for More
  -   Housing, food and other basic needs.
  -   Marketplace Health Insurance - Affordable Care Act
  -   Medical Assistance - Medicaid
  -   Medicare Health & Drug Benefits
  -   Other Insurance
  -   SeniorCare
  -   Social Security
Stay Healthy Stay Active
ADRC Magazine Subscription
  -   FAQ
  -   Forms & Documents
  -   Links
  -   Contact Us
Back To All Departments
COUNTY VIDEOS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!!: Click here for the NewEYE website!

Departments » Aging and Disability Resource Center
Housing, food and other basic needs.

Below are websites and links to booklets with valuable information about programs that provide support for housing, food, and other basic needs. Also check out the Forms & Documents link on the left panel. A Benefit Specialist is available to answer your questions call (920) 448-4300.

Food Share Program - Formerly Food Stamps. A federal program that helps individuals and families stretch their food budget by saving them money on groceries. Application required, income guidelines apply.

Visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website for more information. The Facts About FoodShare WI for Senior Citizens and People with Disabilities is also a helpful resource.

To apply for FoodShare Benefits, visit or call the Bay Lake Consortium at 888-794-5747.

Rental Assistance - Questions answered and applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance
Program - (WHEAP) - A state-wide program that provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy related crisis situations. It's a one-time payment during the heating season (October 1 - May 15). For those who qualify, it is not intended to cover the entire cost, but pays a portion of the household's heating and/or non-heating electric bills. Eligibility is based on a number of factors including income limits. Program information and guidelines are available at Applications are available in a number of formats.

Paper applications are available:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the
Sophie Beaumont Building, 111 N. Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI
2nd Floor Brown County Department of Human Services,
Economic Support Unit

or Request an application be mailed to you by calling the reception desk at 920-448-6460

or Request an application via email at

or at these locations:

Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC), 300 S. Adams Street, Green Bay, WI
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

The Salvation Army, 626 Union Court, Green Bay, WI
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday

St. Vincent de Paul, 1529 Leo Frigo Way, Green Bay, WI
Office Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

Applications, instructions and guidelines are also available online at Brown County Human Services Energy Assistance.


Scheduled face-to-face and telephone appointments will be available by calling Brown County Human Services Department, Economic Support Unit at 920-448-6460 or by email at Consumer appointments are held at Brown County Human Services, Sophie Beaumont Building, 111 N. Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI, 2nd Floor Economic Support Unit.

If you live within the Oneida Reservation boundaries, please apply at the Tribal Social Services Building located at 2640 West Point Road, Green Bay, WI or call 920-490-3775.

Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program - To qualify you must first apply and be eligible for the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. The goal is to save energy by targeting households that are very energy inefficient with priority given to households that are made up of elderly, handicapped and/or children under 6 years of age. The program provides basic weatherization services which reduce home heating bills, save energy and make the home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. This program is administered in Brown County, WI by ICS (Integrated Community Solutions.

Homestead Credit - Tax credit for homeowners and renters.

BadgerCare+ Core Plan - Website with information and application for basic health care services for low-income adults, from age 19 through 64 who do not have children or do not have dependent children under age 19 living with them.

Forms are in pdf format and require adobe reader. Click the button to download the latest version.

  • Use Your Home to Stay at Home
    Booklet from the National Council on Aging that educates consumers on the benefits and challenges of using home equity to deal with financial challenges in later life. The booklet helps consumers determine if staying in their homes is the right decision for them, understand the trade-offs of using a reverse mortgage versus other home loans, and provides information on government programs that can help them stay at home.

  • Household Housing Guide
    Website: Link to a printable booklet loaded with links to and information about numerous topics related to housing. Home purchasing, financing, preventing foreclosure, repairs, remodeling, lead paint removal, weatherization, rental assistance, improving assessibilty for disabled persons and so much more.

  • Government Free Cell Phone Program (Lifeline)
    A program that gives qualified recipients a free phone and up to 250 free minutes per month, with an option of purchasing more minutes.

  • Festival Foods Online Shopping
    Website link: Register online through Festival Foods' website to have the store shop for you. Items are held for pick up at varying locations and times, with small fee added to grocery bill.

  • St. Vincent Frozen Meals
    St. Vincent Hospital (located at 835 South Van Buren Street, Green Bay, WI 54301) offers pre-cooked, frozen, and microwavable meals Monday-Friday. Meals can be picked up on the fourth floor in the hospital cafeteria.

  • Fully-Cooked Meals Delivered to Your Door
    Listing of meal options delivered directly to your door through nation-wide companies. Perfect for those that struggle to prepare meals, are homebound, or need to follow special diets. Low-cost options are available for both the meals and shipping & handling.

  • Food Resources Booklet
    Booklet: Information about pantries, community meals, food share (food stamps) and other programs that provide food assistance

  • Dealing with a Drop in Income
    Website: Printable booklet with step by step practical advice about what to do when your income drops due to job layoff or illness, death or divorce.

  • Community Resource Database 211
    Website: Online resource database developed and maintained through a partnership between the Aging & Disability Resource Center and Brown County United Way. It allows you to search for services, 24 hours a day via the internet. Searches are based on key words or on programs if you know the name of the organization or agency.

  • Bridging the Gap: Community Resources in Brown County
    Booklet: Description of and contact information for service providers in Brown County for persons who are looking for services to meet their basic needs. Includes food, shelter, childcare, employment, medical, transportation, etc.

  • Medicaid/FoodShare Authorization of Representative
    If you are completing a Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus and/or FoodShare application on behalf of someone else, you must complete this authorization form.
Copyright © 2017 Brown County Government - Wisconsin Legal Notice | Waiver Disclaimer | Acceptable Use Policy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Aviso de Practicas de Privacidad
Linking Policy | Employees
Designed & Powered By DMI Studios