Communicable disease (or infectious disease) is an illness that can be transmitted from person to person. Communicable disease surveillance and control involves investigation of cases/contacts, provision of needed health care services, immunizations and education.
The Brown County Public Health Division provides:
For more Information, visit the links below, contact the public health nurse for assistance at 448-6400, or e-mail our office using the form below.:
- Investigation and follow-up on all reportable communicable disease.
- Investigation of foodborne/waterborne illnesses, consultation and follow-up in conjunction with environmental health.
- Tuberculosis screening, counseling and follow-up; distribution and monitoring of state provided medication.
- Sexually transmitted disease confidential follow-up and counseling.
- Confidential HIV/AIDS partner notification.
- Information, referral, and education on all other contagious disease.